Full disclosure: I have used AI to generate articles for my website.
Not the good ones. Not the fun ones. Just the ones I wanted to rank for, but didn't feel like writing. Articles like:
But I had another motive for generating these AI articles. Well, two, actually.
- I wanted to test certain AI tools to see if I'd recommend them to a friend.
- I wanted to see if AI could rank for SEO.
The short answer to both? Barely any, and absolutely not.
I compared around 25 articles, some written with AI, some outlined with AI, and some written purely from my own fingers and heart, to see what ranked best for SEO.
If you want the full, longer answer including:
- Screenshots of my results
- Interview with an SEO expert who broke Google's results so much that they changed SEO rules and nuked his sites
- A detailed explanation of how SEO and AI work
Then check out my new early access, ad-free video:
I know this is a contentious subject, so I'd love to hear your thoughts.